veľká vďaka Petrovi a Evke Potočným, ktorí po mne prevzali štafetu a zorganizovali (a po celý čas v ňom predávali) SK stánok. V roku 2015 sme prvý krát navrhli prezidentovi APEEE p. Mc Cutchenovi aj my, rodičia SK žiakov, organizácie (text je v angličtine v podobe ako sa poslal APEEE prezidentovi), ktoré by mali dostať časť z financií, ktoré sa získali vďaka vám, pretože ste do stánku prispeli napečeným, navareným, predávali ste v ňom, alebo ste venovali istú sumu na nákup sladkostí, ktoré sa v ňom predali. Všetkým vďaka. To, ktoré organizácie nakoniec podporu dostali, sa nám žiaľ nepodarilo zistiť, ale kto by to chcel vedieť, stačí napísať na APEEE.
|Name and description of the organisation
|Make your wish – ZELAJSI.SK
“Zelajsi.sk” , an organization founded in 2006 in Slovakia, aims to fulfill dreams of terminally ill children.
Children may choose a wish from one of the 4 categories (1. where I would like to go, 2. with whom I would like to meet, 3. what I would like to be for a day or 4. what would I like to have).
It is the first organization in Slovakia that introduced verification of fulfilled wishes (people can directly give the toy/wish to the child who wished for it – instead of just giving money; or can directly see the child’s fulfilled wish for which they financially contributed by getting in touch with the concerned family or by photos).
|Riding rehabilitation centre Lesan, non profit organisation- Jazdecko rehabilitačné centrum Lesan, n.o. Lesan is a Slovak non-profit organisation which provides hippotherapy mainly for disabled children. Besides, it also participates in specialised seminars in the field and contributes to specialised publications.
|Light of hope- Svetielko nádeje. The Slovak organisation helps kids with cancer diseases. There are three areas the organisation is active: 1. Treatment and hospitalisation of kids with cancer. 2. Aftertreatment guidance for kids and parents. 3. Paliative care in home environement.
|The Slovak TA3 Foundation. It was established in 2011 and its purpose is:
– individual support of socially weak and disadvantaged citizens,
– support of organizations dealing and providing care and assistance to children, adults as well as seniors,
– help and assistance in case of natural disasters, catastrophe, mass accidents or tragedies.
The Foundation is based solely on the support and promotion of the public benefit purpose; provides funds through grants and scholarships to individuals, nonprofit institutions, healthcare and educational institutions, municipalities and other associations providing public services.
|The children cancer foundation. The Belgian Kinderkankerfonds aspires to improve the quality of life of children with cancer and their families. To realise this it takes initiatives on different levels:
· support families of children and teenagers with cancer;
· give assistance to the paediatric haemato-oncology department of the Ghent University Hospital;
· provide home care for severely ill children by its affiliated team of nurses “Koester”;
· provide day care for siblings during visiting hours;
· support scientific research;
· offer encounters for parents and siblings of deceased children;
· organise weekends and camps for teenagers with cancer.